Macro and microscopic study to make a definitive diagnosis of any oral pathology.
Oral biopsy is a surgical procedure that is based on obtaining an organic tissue from the mouth and its subsequent macro and microscopic study to make a definitive diagnosis of any oral pathology.
In addition to the diagnostic purpose, oral biopsy can have other objectives such as:
· Establish a definitive diagnosis of the lesion based on its histological appearance.
· Establish a prognosis for malignant and premalignant lesions.
· In some cases, facilitate the prescription of specific treatments.
· Contribute in the evaluation of the effectiveness of treatments.
· Constitute, in any case, a document with evident medical-legal value.